Monday, September 28, 2009

Abbie's 30th Birthday Weekend Celebrations

I've definitely milked this birthday for all its worth... I'm trying to prolong it as much as possible... I'm claiming it started last Thursday night with a win by the Gamecocks..then continued to Friday with a fun day at Playgroup and then the kids went to the Grandparents for the weekend. Hunter and Caroline had a great time in Columbia while Jason and I enjoyed a nice quiet, restful weekend at home!

Saturday, we did a little shopping...we had great intentions of getting some Christmas shopping accomplished but then got a little sidetracked on getting me a new vacuum which I had been wanting for a long time... Jason surprised me with agreeing to a Dyson Vacuum...its WONDERFUL!!! Needless to say once we got it I was so excited I vacuumed the whole house! The rest of Saturday we just chilled out and then Saturday night went to dinner with friends. Jason had arranged a really nice dinner out to celebrate my birthday. We had a group of about 10 of us that had fun at Red Rock Cafe.. good food and fun times were had by all! It was great to have some adult conversations and a nice meal.

Sunday, I was surprised with a PRINCESS birthday party. Hunter had been wanting me to have one..so, Mom helped make it happen..complete with a pink Princess birthday cake and Princess Barbie. We had a great time hanging out ... of course, we had to have the birthday party outside.. and no Princess Party is complete without a little baseball!

Today, my actual birthday... we went apple picking. Something I've been wanting to do with Jason and Hunter for a couple years.. but we finally made the time to do it.. Jason took off work and took us all apple picking... we had a great time.. Hunter had a blast... which made my day just perfect! Oh, I also got my car washed.. which was awesome..now I'm sporting a clean car!

That's about it.. I'm afraid my Birthday Celebrations are starting to come to a close...at least for this weekend... here are a few pictures to document the big event!

Happy Birthday to me! I'm happy to be apart of the 30 Club...and join all our friends ...some that have been there for awhile! Love ya all!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Milk it for all it's worth, baby! :) Glad you welcomed the big 3-0 in with such wonderful events! I'm quite jealous of the ice cream truck! :)

Ashley said...

Happy 30th Abbie! Yes, welcome to the increasingly populated 3-0 club :). Looks like you celebrated very well!

Jo Leigh said...

What fun! I'm so glad you had such a great long weekend with family & friends! I hate we couldn't make it, but we were thinking about you guys! Happy Birthday!